At Avolites we’re dedicated to producing the very best in lighting and video control solutions. Among our team of software support engineers, software developers, designers, engineers, training specialists, technical salespeople, and more, the one thing bringing us all together is our passion for incredible shows and experiences. We live and breathe our industry and that motivates us to continue innovating and pushing forward. Creative Visual Control is our contribution to captivating audiences around the world.
“Inspiring audiences every day is more than just a job”
About the role
Avolites leading lighting and video control platforms are used across live music, TV, film, corporate events, installations all around the world. As we emerge out of the COVID Pandemic and live events return, we’re looking for a talented and passioned software support engineer who can work and instruct across all aspects of our software platforms. On-site support may also be required during the business live events season or for complex installation projects.
- Provide customer and distributor support for the Avolites console range of products and Media Servers.
- Handle customer support queries over phone, email, or social media.
- Create support documentation accurately and to the provided specification.
- Create support tickets, with detailed and accurate information about a customer’s query.
- Follow up on support cases, ensuring all tickets are responded to quickly and to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Answer technical queries related to the products we develop.
- Carry out investigation into support cases and create reports of your findings.
- Handle the publishing of support information on our website and carry out updates as required.
- Report software bugs to the software department and assist in fixing those bugs.
- Assisting customers with software support on the out of office mobile number 7 days a week.
- Maintain ongoing communication with customers until their query is fully resolved.
- Close support tickets punctually when a suitable resolution has been achieved.
- Maintain a high level of working knowledge of all Avolites products with a good understanding of all the products features and capabilities.
You have / are
- Relevant A Level, Degree, or equivalent IT qualification.
- Experience in a customer services role, dealing or handling customers directly.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- IT and Computer Systems experience and knowledge
- Proficient in diagnosing and fixing IT issues.
- Reliable and with personal experience using moving lights and lighting control solutions in productions preferable.
- A full, clean driving license.
You also might have experience with
- Software support or customer service experience to end users’ experience.
- Working in the lighting or production events industry.
- Understanding how DMX and networking functions.
- Using and operating Avolites products.
- Speaking other languages.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org