- Always program your show up using palettes, because then when you update your show, any changes you make to the palettes will then link through to your cues
- Always save your show before exchanging it – then you can go back to it if you need to!
- Always park your fixtures first before exchanging them – it means you don’t have any DMX address conflicts and if you are using less fixtures, you won’t get the fixtures you’re not using potentially conflicting with the in-house fixtures
- When you need to both copy AND exchange, exchange first, and then copy the exchanged fixtures.
ADVANCED TIPS FOR PREPROGRAMMED SHOWS
- Keep a Master copy (unexchanged) of your show
- If you are going from fixtures with CMY to colour wheel, when you go back to CMY fixtures then reload the CMY show and exchange it, otherwise you will need to reprogram the CMY values