New Year, New Challenge!
12 January 2017
Avolites Ltd and Avolites Media Ltd.
£25-£35k depending on experience
Hanger Lane, London
Marketing Manager – (West London)
Avolites and Avolites Media Ltd are award winning companies specialising in the manufacture of lighting and video media control solutions. Our equipment is used in world music tours, films, theatres, museums as well as stadium events such as the Olympic Games.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager based at our West London Office, Park Royal, who will be responsible for shaping the direction of our marketing campaigns and advertising strategies.
The post holder will have proven experience in a similar role. They should have strong networking and interpersonal skills, the ability to be a self-starter, and comfortable working as part of a team, and a clear verbal communicator. They will also be able to work accurately, with excellent attention to detail, organisation, and cooperation with people at all levels both internally and externally.
The role requires flexibility as it covers many aspects of marketing, from strategy to maintaining news stories on the website.
The post holder will report to the Sales Manager and will be required to build relationships with colleagues to deliver best results.
You would be working within a busy office environment and hold strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ensure the web shop is maintained and look at new merchandise which tie in with our sales strategy
• Be able to liaise with 3rd party marketing agencies
• Manage all Social Media platforms
• Involved in the stand presentation and graphic design of all major exhibitions
• Act as main point of contact for artwork and printing suppliers.
• Collect and report marketing data such as google analytic reports in order to use these to better our understanding of customer needs and movements.
• Create and deliver regular e-mail newsletters.
• Making available up-to-date marketing material to distributors via our Avolites website and media packs.
• Facilitate and enhance the use of social media to reach extended audiences.
• Support the implementation for each campaign and ensure each campaign follows the schedule to set timescales and budget
• Work with colleagues to execute email campaigns - creating the email, uploading data.
• Regularly monitor the status of the activity and follow success of each e-shot in order to learn from user readership.
• Support the sales team to ensure all distributors understand distributor guidelines
• Manage the marketing stock room ensuring marketing stock is maintained for use at events.
• Ensure all new content is on the website including events, and case studies are posted.
• Use relevant methods of data collection to support marketing decision making.
• Help provide information required for marketing reporting on a monthly basis.
• Help gather market and competitor intelligence.
• Provide tactical marketing support to the field sales operation.
• Recognise the impact and power of the brand, design and image on the customer/prospect
• Participate in reviews of other marketing activities and provide valuable feedback/ideas
• Produce PR’s after visiting shows in the UK and post on website and other solid media platforms.
• Have some competence of taking photos of shows using a SLR camera.
• Speak to clients who visit Avolites to find out information on what product they are using, why they are using + to produce posts on solid media about them
• In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties as reasonably assigned by the Sales Director from time to time.
• Ability to analyse a market and create an innovative marketing strategy
• Possess G.C.S.E qualifications (or equivalent) at grades A-C in English, Maths and Science.
• Bright, proactive, self-motivated, flexible and energetic team player who is able to work under pressure on their own initiative to achieve results.
• Be able to demonstrate confidence, creativity and professionalism
• Research and analytical experience i.e. ROI/Analytical approach.
• Proficient in Microsoft office
• High standard of literacy and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Marketing graduate with at least 2 years’ experience within a similar role.
• Strong ability to multitask with great time management skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to provide marketing analytical knowledge.
• Ability to work on their own initiative and manage workload effectively towards set deadlines and targets.
• High level of persistence and determination as well as the ability to present ideas and issues with authority.
• Ability to communicate at all levels and build fast effective relationships.
• The individual must be prepared to travel occasionally and attend live shows and tradeshows
• Experience of the lighting or media industry would be an asset but is not essential.
• Experience of marketing within a similar product based or manufacturing company would be desirable but not essential.
• Experience of marketing for a technology manufacturer